Early in the 16th century, Natubleng was a virgin forest thick with pine, oak, and other trees. “Cada”, which means forest, was once its name together with “Nabayoca”, a name referring to a big stone resembling a huge bowl shape where pigs and other animals ate. The later name “Natubleng” is thought to have been derived from “natabel” or “natutubleng” which mean “waste of Time” or “people in captivity” which described just how residents passed the time narrating stories and other nonsense at the stores and sawmill lumberyards that the Americans established in 1938. Barrio residents had settlements only on the lower portion of the Nabalicong River and at Galamat and Topdac in sitio Cabuguiasan, further south. People lived by hunting and gathering wild fruits and practiced swidden agriculture. Among these early riverside settlers were migrants from Ahin and Puliang, who passed through Baugan, which is part of Baculongan Sur.
b. Establishment of Barangay
Natubleng was once a part of Barangay Amgaleyguey and it owes its legal existence as a separate barangay to Republic Act No. 4695, an act creating the barangay through a barangay resolution sponsored by the former Congressman Andres Cosalan in the House of Representative. The residents ratified the act in a plebiscite called for the purpose on June 16, 1971.
Natubleng composed of 13 sitios namely: Natubleng Proper, Lamut, Nabalicong, Cabuguiasan, Patkiao, Apanberang, Nan-agto, Calasipan, Galamat, Topdac, Binatog, Nabalatan, and Colidding.