Baculongan came from the word “Colongan”, meaning pigpen, a fence place where domesticated pigs were kept to protect from pest and from roaming around. It became “Baculongan” when the American Survey Team headed by Benzon referred to the place as such in 1907. Baculongan at that time had the highest number of registered voters and functioned as a courting ground of politicians aspiring for public office.
b.The establishment of the Barangay
Baculongan Norte came from Baculongan is one of the oldest barangays of Buguias created on June 18, 1966 under RA 4695 during the incumbency of Hon. Mayor Gavino Bay-an. In 1983, Baculongan was divided into Baculongan Norte and Baculongan Sur by virtue of Sangguniang Panlalawigan Resolution No. 711. Baculongan Norte was headed by Barangay Captain Mayoteng Bolislis while Baculongan Sur was Mr. Manuel Gatab.
Baculongan Norte composed of 35 sitios namely: Naduguan, Lamagan, Bacodongan, Bano-oy, Yupoan, Sebseb, Man-atong, Gosadan, Nacagang, Mandal-em, Pugo, Bangsalan, Calagan, Dengao, Bedadayan, Alam-am, Demeg, Lasan, Lenang, Batayan, Ta-aw, Beleng, Tacadang, Binuyok, Codal, Dengao, Deckan, Manboyongokong, Pelpeldit, Palasa-an, Sacdo-an, Sumilalas, Siplocan, Salidet, and Tupinaw.